babykid528 (babykid528) wrote in little_details,

  • Mood:

Blood Evidence/ DNA degradation

Okay, so I've taken a forensics course AND Advanced Placement Bio not too long ago (less than 3 years ago) and I can't remember for the life of me what the word is that's used to describe DNA or Proteins that have been degraded or that have "died" in the sense that they no longer work.

I have spent the last 25 minutes just searching Google to no avail and I figured I would ask on here cause my lovely best friend told me to!

I'm an obssessed CSI watcher and fanfic writer and it would be silly for me to not be able to label what happens when blood evidence or proteins break down!

I know it's not an intentional breakdown of the DNA (so it's not DNA digetion) and I'm 99.9% positive that the word begins with "de" and isn't degeneration or degradation!

Any help would be INCREDIBLY appreciated!!!

♥ Babykid528
Tags: ~forensics (misc), ~science: biology: genetics

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.