Edtelocesaresesh (edtel) wrote in little_details,

Technical term for a raised walkway

I have a question about a term used to describe a raised walkway in a certain church that appears in a certain game. I tried to Google terms I THOUGHT it might be, but I honestly haven't had any luck finding anything, especially anything with pictures that can show me something similar and reassure me that it's the correct term.

The walkway is above the main hall, along the walls and over the door, and can be used as a viewing area for the altar. What is the architectural term for that?

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a picture, but it's the best way to describe what I mean. I'm lj-cutting it.

EDIT: I think either "mezzanine" or "gallery" will work. Thanks! I'm kicking myself for not being able to find that out myself.

EDIT AGAIN: "Clerestory" is exactly what I was looking for. The character would know the term, so he'd use that over the other options. Thanks!
  • Post a new comment


    default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.