Sea Hag (syrenstar) wrote in little_details,
Sea Hag

palace rooms used only by the Royal family

I've tried to look this up but google is not being my friend today and I remembered someone posting else where how helpful this comm was (I'm not sucking up honest just explaining how I got here *g* ).

I'm writing a LOTR fic but I'm stuck on palace terminology for the shared rooms used only by the royals e.g. sitting room, balcony, dinning room etc. They seem too modern to be right, does any body have any suggestions or know any helpful sites?

I'm basing the city loosely on ancient Rome so terms in that area would be great. Researching old style boat fishing is no fun either.
  • Post a new comment


    default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.