Rook the Librarian (gisho) wrote in little_details,
Rook the Librarian

British equivalent of "knock up"

What would a slang term someone in England (around 1930, preferably, but if there wasn't one a more recent term is fine) might use to mean "get pregnant"? I'm essentially looking for the equivalent of the American term "knock up", which I know has other meanings in England. The context, if it matters, is a girl joking suggesting to her boyfriend that if he got her pregnant their guardians would no longer be able to object to their marriage.
  • Post a new comment


    default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.