The story is about an agent from Homeland Security who's tracking the operations of a terrorist organisation. She gets killed in the beginning of the story. The whole mission was top secret and super-risky.
So I just have a few questions:
1. I'm assuming she cannot reveal this mission to her family. Would she be allowed to stay at home, or would she not be in contact with her family for the entirety of the operation?
2. Would this require undercover work, or would she operate as she is?
3. Ideally, how many partners should she have?
4. When she died, would the cause of her death be revealed to her family?
5. And finally, I did a lot of research about all the law enforcement in the USA and it looks to me like Homeland Security is the most suited for terrorists. But plase let me know if this would be better at the hands of FBI/CIA?
The following was what I searched for:
Homeland Security website
FBI and CIA
Undercover work for Homeland Security agents
"Can a Homeland Security Agent go home while working top secret?"
Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!