He's also bisexual, but never plans on telling anyone in Turkey.
What I know (some of this stuff will seem irrelevant at first-but it will make sense after a bit!) and what you can say is totally wrong:
- The Turkish military discriminates against gays and bisexuals
- Turkey has conscription
My questions are as follows:
- Would he be allowed to move out of Turkey when eighteen after making it obvious that there were problems with him living there?
- Would the Turkish government try to get him back to do his service? Would the English government try to send him back to do his service?
- After his injuries would there be anything he could do in the Turkish military? If so what? Would they even want him? Assume he recovers as completely as possible.
- Anything else I should think about?
He's lived in England for two years now, working just about all the time. I can change the amount of time he's lived in England around, his jobs and his wounds.
Research wise I've used:
- Wikipedia-articles on conscription in Turkey and it's army
- BBC news-they have some articles on the Turkish military