- Are there any administrative hoops my Thames Valley detectives would have to jump through to investigate the case in Dorset?
- Would they have to work with a Dorset detective, or could they just go ahead and do it themselves (possibly with a courtesy call to let the Dorset authorities know what they're up to)?
- If they need to get a search warrant, would they have to go through the Dorset side?
- Would there be any risk of the Dorset Police taking over the investigation if it turns out that the murder did occur within their jurisdiction?
- Wikipedia articles on law enforcement agencies in the UK
- The "Jurisdiction Friction" page on TV Tropes, "Real-Life" section
- Google searches: cooperation between territorial police forces uk, uk investigation across several police area jurisdictions, etc.
I don't need everything to be 100% realistic, but I'd like to at least make a nod to reality, if these hoops do exist. Thanks in advance for your help!