only_the_trying (only_the_trying) wrote in little_details,

Conditions Attached To UK Dependent Visa

When: Now

Where: United Kingdom

Places Wot I Have Already Looked At: UK Border Agency website (I'm not sure which bit of information applies many different kinds of visas!)

Situation: A citizen of a Commonwealth country applies for a visa to live/work in the UK. He's working for/enlisted in the British Army, if that makes a difference to the kind of visa he's going for. He does NOT have any UK ancestry - I know that can simplify the process of residency in the UK - but they've accepted him and it's confirmed that he has a place in a regiment.

What kind of visa does he get?

If he brings his wife with him as a dependent...can she legally work in the UK?
Tags: usa: government (misc), ~immigration
  • Post a new comment


    default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.