- Julia Brake, Christine Jones, Teach yourself world culture: Wales
- Alwyn D. Rees, Life in a Welsh countryside
- Google search “17th century Wales”
- Google search “17th century life”
- Google search “17th century dress”
- Google search “Welsh geology,” “geology of Wales”
- Extensively bothering Sollersuk via PM.
Specific time period: up to early September 1646.
(Modern) location: Gwynedd, in Snowdonia national park
I have been researching about 17th century, but I feel I haven’t found enough: naturally, almost all my research lead to the Civil War, but that’s not the central part of my story as all my characters are not directly involved (Think brother Cadfael rather than Sharpe)
My weaker areas are:
- General Welsh history, especially economic changes after the Act of Union.
- Everyday life in general, economic life and class division in particular
- The Royalist POV – who supported the king and why?
I’m sure there’s more I haven’t thought about, too. Could you recommend resources for the time period or the specific issues?