Javelle (javelle) wrote in little_details,

Guardianship for an adult non-relative?

I have an adult male who had been tortured. Due to that, he does not speak, albeit for psychological reasons, and suffers from PTSD. With a checkered history, he is also at risk of being harmed by members of the underground. Is this sufficient cause for a Japanese court to assign guardianship to a Japanese national? The person in question is Chinese and has no surviving kin.

In regards to the PTSD, how well does exercise and meditation ameliorate psychological symptoms such as hyper-vigilance and flashbacks?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Tags: japan: government (misc), ~custody & social services, ~psychology & psychiatry: ptsd

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.