Setting: Japan, 2007, universe more or less equally advanced in medical treatment as this universe (perhaps a bit more advanced, but not enough to make a real difference)
My character is an 18-year-old who's suffering from severe (life-threatening), internal, abdominal bleeding, but there's a catch: the bleeding was caused by a stab wound to another character. The damage was magically transferred to him, so while the effects are equal to the effects of a stab wound, there's no visible damage: the skin is unbroken etc.
My questions mainly involve timing:
- Would the character start coughing up blood? If so, how soon?
- What about abdominal bruising or any other symptoms I might have missed?
- How long would the character stay conscious?
- How much time do the other characters have to get him to a hospital before the injury becomes untreatable? (an estimate is okay here, since the character can be kept in stasis for a little while if necessary. The more accurate, the better, of course!)
- How long would it take for the character to recover, assuming no major organs have been irreparably damaged?