Maren (rensong) wrote in little_details,

Medical treatment for severe shock - (or Hypovolemic shock, if you want to be technical)

Hey, everyone. Just happened across this community, and what a find it is. :) I only hope I'm not over-stepping any bounds.
Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could help me out. Does anyone know if there's a medical treatment for severe shock, preferably the medical treatment one would get from severe blood loss? I mean, I know all the first aid stuff about making them comfortable and not giving them any water (which I already know as a lifeguard and which is what I mostly found when I did a Google search), but I'm talking about when one is actually in the emergency room being rolled through the hallways with half a dozen doctors and nurses rushing all over the place trying to save your life - is there some medication they would inject into your system? Replacing the lost blood is a big thing, I'm sure, but is that a right away thing? It's for a story I'm writing, and as I don't watch any of those medical programs and the only trip I've had to the emergency room was when I was 1 year old and had a major asthma attack, I'm kinda clueless as to what goes on there beyond the rushing around of doctors and nurses. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I'll be sure to link the story in this post once I have it finished if anyone is curious as to how I use the information. :)

Recent Posts from This Community

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.