x_losfic (x_losfic) wrote in little_details,

Incendiary weaponry

Hey guys:

So there's two types of bomb dropped during the first phase of the Blitz of London, yes?

1) The high explosives, and
2) the incendiary bombs.

I need to know, in German or English, http://www.livejournal.com/update.bmlwhat you'd CALL the incendiary bombs specifically. Wiki suggested Terrorflieger as a catch all for both the sort of warfare and the sort of bombs themselves, but German readers have flagged this up as really jarring for them, and say this brings to mind the pilots or planes, but NOT the bombs. I'm using the general 'Fliegerbomben' at the moment, but I'd REALLY prefer a specific name?

THANKS if you can help!
Tags: 1940-1949, germany: history, uk: history: world war ii, ~explosive & explosions, ~world war ii

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.