I'm writing about Hanoi in the early 1990s, and have a few questions, cut for questionable material.
1. How safe was it late at night? Would it be risky to stroll around at, say, midnight?
2. Were there any specific "red-light" districts? What about poorer areas, or slums?
3. What are people's attitudes towards prostitutes and prostitution? How common is male prostitution?
4. How common was human trafficking of foreigners?
5. What was the general attitude towards foreigners?
I've Googled "Hanoi red light districts", "human trafficking Vietnam", and any combination of the words "male", "prostitution", and "Vietnam." I can't find statistics for the 90s, however. I don't need specific, specific numbers, but a description of the attitudes of people, and whether it would be realistic specifically for there to be a male, trafficked foreigner working in the red-light districts.