lady_puck9999 (lady_puck9999) wrote in little_details,

Men's Underwear in 1870s

Hi all,

I'm writing a story in 1877-ish, and i've been doing some research on men's underwear. I want to mention the lower half of a man's undergarments, but haven't been able to find out if they have a name.

The specific piece of clothing is knee-length cotton shorts with a button in front and a drawstiring waist that ties in back. Does anyone know if there's a specific name for these shorts (like we have briefs and boxers, etc).

Thank you in advance, oh wise ones.

ETA: So far, the consensus seems to be "drawers." Thanks everybody!
Tags: 1870-1879, ~clothing, ~victorian era

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.