not your typical annihilatrix (furiosity) wrote in little_details,
not your typical annihilatrix

Photography questions

I have two questions, both concerning professional photography.

1. If I wanted to dissolve the image on a photograph, would soaking it in a saturated solution of potassium ferricyanide do the trick? Or are there other, more potent bleaching agents? I need a way to dissolve the image on a photograph without destroying the paper on which it was printed.

2. Are there any reliable ways of knowing what kind of camera was used to take a picture? (Digital cameras are out of the question; the timeframe/setting I'm writing in doesn't allow these.) That is, if all you have is an amateur darkroom-developed print, are there chemical/mechanical ways of tracing it to a source, even if the source is merely something like the development technique? Using any kind of electronic equipment or outside sources is not an option in my case.



  • Post a new comment


    default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.