it's gonna be monster splendid! (oritsu_luv) wrote in little_details,
it's gonna be monster splendid!

Reestablishing an identity

Googled: obtaining a birth certificate/social security card/state id, runaways reestablishing identity, also checked the archives.

There's a similar question in the tags, but the information in the answers wasn't really relevant for what I need.

SETTING: Hartford, Connecticut, Present Day

My MC ran away from his foster home at 16. He's 22 now, and starting make a life for himself, living with a friend and working as a dishwasher at a restaurant.

I've got two questions.

1) How could he get ID? It seems to be the good old catch 22, you need a birth certificate to get an ID, and an ID to get a birth certificate.

Since he was in the foster care system, could he call Child Services, or the Foster Home to obtain proof of identity?

2) Do they ever place children with a foster family who lives out of state?

Thanks so much!
Tags: usa: government (misc), ~custody & social services

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.