Anyways, one of my characters was just knocked out in a boxing match. She also had a seizure a couple of minutes following the KO. I have some questions about head injuries.
1) When the Paramedic's come, what do they do if someone is unconscious? How long do they spend trying to wake them up? What if the person won't wake up? Is that even possible without being in a coma?
2) What steps will they take in the ambulance & at the hospital?
3) I want my character to remain unconscious for a little while but I'm struggling with exactly how long. I do NOT want her to be in a coma but I'm thinking the seizure would obviously indicate that something was seriously wrong to the point where the people taking care of her are nervous about her having brain damage but she ends up not having any.
4) So is it possible to have a seizure because of a head injury but NOT be brain damaged?
5) My character HAS had minor concussions before. Is it possible that the continuous concussions could be a factor in why she had the seizure after being knocked in the head again?
Thank you SO much you guys! I'm sorry if this is a lot but I'm trying to make it as realistic as possible!