TeaRoses (rosehiptea) wrote in little_details,

  • Mood:
  • Music:

Questions about Dancing in England

These are lame questions, and I'm sorry, but I really don't know where to look it up.

What's the commonly used word for a place where young people dance to loud rock music? Disco? (I get that impression from my reading, but I could be wrong.)

Is there such a thing as a place you sometimes find in the U.S. with a band or piano player to dance less youth-oriented slow dances to, in London? (I've heard of them I think, but I'm confused.) Would young people ever like that sort of thing and go there, or would that be considered very unusual?

Sorry for the vagueness of the questions. And I don't need a specific place, just a general idea of what's available and appropriate.

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.