One of my characters (a vampire) has come into possession of a small grocery store, and is in the process of converting it into a sort of Wal-mart for the Demon community.
I've come up with a few things she could stock (listed below) but do need to fill those shelves.
Any ideas as to what sort of things a non-human might enjoy having in his/her/its life, but have trouble getting, either because he/she/it can't exactly walk into the local mall, or because the mall wouldn't really carry it?
Any additions to the list of demon types ('Demon' meaning in traditional "I cast thee out!" sense, as well as mythical, legendary and B-movie creatures) the would also be welcomed (Or reading suggestions). I've read every damn thing on the subject I can find, but I'm sure I missed some good one.
Breeds I'm working with (not counting any of my originals):
- Jersey Devil
- El Chipinera
- Spring-heeled Jack.
List of products so far:
- High impact running shoes(for Spring-heeled Jacks).
- Whole goat carcasses (El Chipineara).
- Various types of blood, including cow, pig, ferret, deer, goat, monkey and – in limited quantities – human.
- Binding charms, as well as chains (werewolves)
- Nose-rings (Minotaur
- Herbs, various animal parts, oils, runes, etc (for spell-casting)
- Sharp things
- Horn wax
- Calligraphy kits
- Silver-free fine silver
- Strange/gross food deli
(This story will be posted at http://www.livejournal.com/~thebandogges)