- primary hypothermia caused by exposure to cold air and water (through a storm)
- body temperature drops to about 32 C/89.6 F
- character lost consciousness before the hypothermic symptoms started due to exhaustion.
- character is in their early teens, very active, no previous experience with hypothermia (I don't think the gender matters too much for treatment, but it's a girl.)
- character received the usual emergency treatment things that hours of googling tells me they should get, but was still hospitalised for a few days because ... that's what my google searches also tells me what happens.
- what kind of hospital treatment do they receive and when? I've been using this as a general guide but while it gives me a feeling, it doesn't tell me when it begins (is it in the ambulance? At the hospital? When does it stop?).
- what does it feel like to the patient to experience hypothermia and treatment?