toxictattoo (toxictattoo) wrote in little_details,

Need to know what it's called...if called anything at all

Hi. I was directed here by a friend on my flist for a question I had posted to my personal LJ. Hoping you can help me out, as the flist is drawing as big a blank as I am.

The yin and the yang. We've seen it. Everyone knows what it looks like.

What is the little contrasting dot in the solid colored teardrop half of the yin and yang called? Not what it represents, what it's called.

The closest we've come to is 'seed' or 'seed of change'. I was hoping to have the correct term for it (English or Chinese) so I could correctly refer to it in a fic as something other than 'the little dot'. [grin]

Thanks in advance.
Tags: ~languages: chinese, ~religion & mythology (misc)

  • Help with Chinese

    I need a bit of help with Chinese, please. Google translate says: "city under the moonlight" is "Yuèguāng xià de chéngshì" Is this correct? And is…

  • Help with translation to Chinese

    Can anyone here help with Chinese (Cantonese or Mandarin, doesn't matter **so long as I'm consistent**). I've picked up several terms…

  • [ANON POST] Chinese Word/Nickname Help

    Time period: modern day I'm currently writing a modern AU of the 1930s pulp character The Shadow, and I've hit a language snag. He's known as 'The…

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.