twistedsheets10 (twistedsheets10) wrote in little_details,

  • Location:
  • Music:

Where and What to study to be an Folklore/Mythology expert

Hello, all!

I have a 25-year old female character who is supposed to be a folklorist who specializes or is at least an expert in vampire and other creatures of the night folklore/mythology. I wanted her to at least to have graduated with a masteral/doctorate from some prestigious US univeristy, and is currently working on a grant which centers on vampires in folk narratives. 

I googled around (and a lot) and so far the top choice that came out was Harvard, as it turns out they have a degree on Social Anthropology and another in Folklore and Mythology (which is great, unfortunately, I can't figure out how the heck their curiculum works. Harvard people out there, help!). 

Aside from Harvard, are there any other US or Non-US universities (e.g. University of Pennsylvania, UCLA, University of Bucharest) that offer any or all of the following: undergraduate, masteral, and doctorates degrees or courses in anthropology or Folklore and Mythology? And aside from the abovementioned degrees, are there any other degrees (e.g. Literature, History) or courses someone who wants to be a folklorist (that specializes in vampire and other creatures of the night) can study?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Tags: usa: education: higher education, ~folklore (misc), ~religion & mythology (misc)

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.