Nacho Cheese (nacho_cheese) wrote in little_details,
Nacho Cheese

Department store bobby pin-like things...

This is a really, really random question. I promise, it's relative to something I'm writing. :)

About 12-15 years at American* department stores (and even after that... I'm not sure), you could look on the ground under clothes and find objects like this:

I have no idea what they were used for, since I was only 7-8 when I saw and played with them, but they were white, plastic, all over the place, and I assume used for clothing in some manner, maybe to hold them together at folds. I'm also sure they weren't bobby pins, as they were meant for clothing, and were much smaller (about 1" in length).

What are these called, if they have a name?


* This rule was a mystery to me.
  • Post a new comment


    default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.