Chimera (y2jdingo) wrote in little_details,

US adoption and contact.

Setting: California, modern day.

I have an adopted minor (17) who has been contacted (preferably by telephone, though that can be fiddled with) by a third party on behalf of his birth mother.

Bit of backstory (most of this can be fiddled with as well): Placed in an orphanage when he was a baby, adopted out as a small child (no older than five). Placed with an adoptive family, parents were killed at approximately age nine, given a guardian. Relocated at age 17 (without guardian) and enrolled in school, presumably where the search located him.

The hows and whys have all been basically figured out, all I need to know is who the third party might be. I've been looking for an organization but all I've found is a 'post adoption social worker' from a private company. I'd like a government-sponsored or, at the very least, a non-charity organization who may do this kind of work. Also an option is the orphanage itself contacting him, as he may be able to leave contact details with the orphanage (therefore reducing a lot of this backstory to pointless ramblings).

Google searches: 'adoption US contact', 'contact adopted minor', 'adoption organizations contact', 'orphanage US contact' and all other various variations.
Tags: usa: california, ~adoption

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.