Silver (silversolitaire) wrote in little_details,

  • Mood:

Name of a specialist for amputations

I'm looking for a (hopefully) very simple answer. The subject says it all, basically. I'm looking for the specialty of the kind of doctor who deals with amputations. I tried googling "specialist for amputations", but got some really weird results and wiki isn't really helpful either... I found the term "osteomyoplastic" but that's not really helping me... I do recognize the word for "bone" and "sculpting" in it, but I can't find an actual definition for it.

So again, how do you call a doctor that is called in to perform and supervise an amputation of a limb and then later consults the patient in getting a prosthesis etc. You know, like you call other specialsts a gynecologist or orthopedic or proctologist or whatever. That kind of word. Thanks a lot!
Tags: ~medicine: prosthetics

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.