- A crisp cotton dress, striped white and blue, with long sleeves that she may occasionally roll up and cover with frills (a little like so:
- A starched white apron and a Petersham Belt (with a buckle her father gave her for graduation) on which she can attach a fob watch
- Flesh-coloured stockings and sensible, tied brown shoes with flat heels
- A cap that is rather plain and small (would it have stripes, or are stripes for students only?)
- A cape, blue on the outside, red on the inside
I suppose being the only nurse around she wouldn't need a nametag.
Does any of this make you yell "Heck, NO!"? Or worse, "Holy anachronism, batman!"?
Would she be furnished with the uniform at her place of employment, or would she buy it herself? If the latter, would she feel compelled (or would it be expected of her) to wear the uniform traveling from her home in Scotland to her new place of employment?
As an additional question, what would she be referred to by the pupils? "Nurse Lastname" is my guess.
Thank you in advance!